Paul Gordon grew up in Aurora, Colorado, earned a business degree from the University of Denver, and earned a law degree from the University of Colorado. He was a member of the Law Review, where he published an award-winning commentary on using baseball arbitration for minority shareholder disputes. After graduating, he developed a broad background in complex civil litigation and the law of lawyering throughout the United States. He obtained numerous seven-figure recoveries for his clients and was lead counsel in 20 one-week to two-week jury trials. Further, he has testified as an expert on the duties of lawyers and the reasonableness of lawyer fees. After 26 years of litigation, Paul switched to mediation and consulting and now offers services for all types of disputes and all types of businesses and individuals.
- Reynolds v. Henderson & Lyman, 903 F.3d 693 (7th Cir. 2018).
- Freedman v. Board of Cnty. Comm’rs, 091416 NMCA 35,288 (N.M. App., September 14, 2016).
- People v. Sugar, 360 P.3d 104 (O.P.D.J. 2015).
- In re Munoz (Houston v Munoz), 536 B.R. 879 (Bankr. D. Colo. 2015).
- Allen v. Steele, 252 P.3d 476 (Colo. 2011), rev’g, 226 P.3d 1120 (Colo. App. 2009).
- Snell v. Progressive Preferrred Ins., 260 P.3d 37 (Colo. App. 2010).
- Lauric v. USAA Cas., 209 P.3d 190 (Colo. App. 2009).
- Aller v. Law Office of Carole C. Schriefer, P.C., 140 P.3d 23 (Colo. App. 2005).
- The Gates Rubber Co. v. Bando Chemical Indus., 167 F.R.D. 90 (D. Colo. 1996).
- United States v. Hill, 896 F. Supp. 1057 (D. Colo. 1995).
- Ayers v. Espy, 873 F. Supp. 455 (D. Colo. 1994).
Licenses to Practice Law:
- U.S. Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals
- U.S. Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals
- U.S. District of Colorado
- U.S. District of New Mexico (inactive)
- State of Colorado
Admissions Pro Hac Vice:
- U.S. Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District of New Jersey
- State of Delaware
- State of Indiana
- State of New Mexico
- State of North Carolina
- State of Texas
- State of West Virginia
- J.D., University of Colorado School of Law (1992), Law Review, Courtland H. Peterson Writing Award (Outstanding Publication).
- B.S.B.A., major in finance and marketing, University of Denver (1989), magna cum laude, full-tuition alumni scholarship.
Publications in Prior Ten Years:
- “Duty of Candor to the Tribunal and Remedial Measures in Civil Proceedings,” in 1 Lawyers’ Professional Liability in Colorado: Preventing Legal Malpractice and Disciplinary Actions 28-1 (Michael T. Mihm ed., 2015 – 2018).
- “Vicarious Liability,” in 2 Lawyers’ Professional Liability in Colorado: Preventing Legal Malpractice and Disciplinary Actions 54-1 (Michael T. Mihm ed., 2005 – 2018).
- On Depositions in Colorado (2005 & 2012).
Teaching and Lecturing Experience in Prior Ten Years:
- Duty of Candor to the Tribunal and Remedial Measures in Civil Proceedings, Continuing Legal Education (2016).
- Chair, “On Depositions in Colorado,” Continuing Legal Education (2005 & 2013).